One of the most difficult things to do is letting go of something that has been the repository of so many fond memories. How can you do that if the thing you are letting go of has literally sheltered you all your life? Nevertheless, selling your dream home is a must especially if you have already reached that stage where its just you and your spouse living in it or, worse, youre the only one left. Here are some 5 tips to help you minimise the pain of selling your home.
1. Get a trusted estate agent - Keep it as impersonal as possible. The only way to do that is by letting a duly certified and well-recognised, local estate agent to help you list your home and have it sold. This helps remove the emotional component of selling. At the very least, you wont have to explain to potential buyers why you are selling it and give a very detailed explanation as to the history of the home. Let the estate agent do that for you.
2. Never enlist the help of a friend or a relative - Closely related to the first tip is to never hire or enlist the help of your relatives or friends in selling your home. They are not really in the best position to find the most suitable buyer for your house simply because they have an idea of how important this is for you. Additionally, you may not be able to really impose your will on them simply because they are related to you. So, again, keep the selling of your property as impersonal as possible.
3. Try online house flippers - The sooner you can sell your property, the sooner you can move on. While a real estate agent can help you find the best buyer for your property, it may take some time before he eventually produces results. If you want to really expedite the selling of your house, you might want to try house flippers who are in the business of buying homes, having it improved, and reselling it for profit. This will only work though, if you dont really mind getting a substantially lower price for your property.
4. Go on a vacation - As soon as you list your property for sale, take the rest of the family on a vacation. This removes or distances you from the thing that is causing you anxiety. Besides, you will need to be away from your house so that the estate agent can schedule property visitations to potential buyers. This helps expedite the selling process.
5. Dont take it personally - Its just a structure that has no feelings. While its a lot easier to say not to take things personally, its human nature to become emotionally attached to certain things. Give it time, then.
Selling your house is difficult especially if youve grown fond of it. Your best way to minimise the pain of selling it is by getting the services of a real estate agent.
The author does not allow comments to this entry